Sharpening ServiceWe are happily offering sharpening services for culinary knives. All work is performed by hand on whetstone using traditional methods and expertise. Your knives will never be subject to grinders or mechanically driven belt abrasives (unless there is a significant level of repair needed). Knives are sharpened on a weekly basis, beginning Saturday evening and continuing into Sunday afternoon. We do not currently offer re-handling services.
1. Please do not ship knives to us without first corresponding by email or phone.
2. Straight edge knives only, we cannot work on serrated knives.
3. All knives must be thoroughly washed in hot, soapy water immediately prior to pickup/ drop off.
4. Bonus points for further sanitizing with disinfecting wipes (i.e. Clorox or Lysol), and/ or 70% isopropyl alcohol.
5. Knives are to be loose upon pickup/ drop off. No knife blocks, rolls, sayas, edge guards, kitchen towels, etc. A small bag or box is suitable, and we will wrap them individually once the final edge is set, prior to return.
6. Wash your knives. Failure to remit clean knives will result in a $5 per knife cleaning fee, or outright refusal.
7. There is no max limit on the number of knives you may submit for sharpening at any one time. However, you may want to leave one or two behind to prep and cook with while others are being serviced (or not, and use that opportunity to grab takeout from your fav neighborhood restaurant. And tip well). We cannot release individual knives of a given lot, until all work is completed.
8. CLEAN. KNIVES. ONLY!
**Until further notice, knives will be picked up from your home (contactless, via porch or outside exchange, with both parties wearing masks), and then dropped off in the same fashion. We will travel within a 15 mile radius of Richmond City Center to accommodate you, and are not accepting drop offs to the store**