Sharpening ServiceWe are happily offering sharpening services for culinary knives. All work is performed by hand on whetstone using traditional methods and expertise. Your knives will never be subject to grinders or mechanically driven belt abrasives (unless there is a significant level of repair needed). Knives are sharpened on a weekly basis, beginning Saturday evening and continuing into Sunday afternoon. We do not currently offer re-handling services.
1. Please do not ship knives to us without first corresponding by email or phone.
2. Straight edge knives only, we do not work on serrated knives. Shears and scissors must be evaluated in-person prior to acceptance.
3. All knives must be thoroughly washed in hot, soapy water immediately prior to pickup/ drop off.
4. Bonus points for further sanitizing with disinfecting wipes (i.e. Clorox or Lysol), and/ or 70% isopropyl alcohol.
5. Knives are to be loose upon drop off. No knife blocks, rolls, sayas, edge guards, kitchen towels, etc. A small bag or box is suitable, and we will wrap them individually once the final edge is set, prior to return.
6. Wash your knives. Failure to remit clean knives will result in a $5 per knife cleaning fee, or outright refusal.
7. There is no max limit on the number of knives you may submit for sharpening at any one time. However, you may want to leave one or two behind to prep and cook with while others are being serviced (or not, and use that opportunity to grab takeout from your fav neighborhood restaurant. And tip well). We cannot release individual knives of a given lot, until all work is completed.
8. CLEAN. KNIVES. ONLY!
**Knives may be dropped off to our storefront location Fridays and Saturdays and picked up on Sundays (24 hours later). Please drop us a line prior to dropping off if you plan on bringing more than four knives for servicing. All protocols above must be strictly adhered to for service consideration. Curbside option is also available, just call when you arrive.**